In August/September 2009, we assisted Glen George with the completion of his electric MG TF conversion. Glen had restored the vehicle and had installed the TransWarp 9 motor, we assisted with finalising battery installation, traction circuit componentry, and electrical wiring.
It is a racing MG TF with fibreglass body, front disc brakes (not vacuum assisted, so no need for a vacuum pump). The motor runs direct drive, i.e no gearbox, and the vehicle has a CafeElectric Zilla 1K (1000A) controller to ensure there's no shortage of torque.
Very light and very fast! Glen plans to race it.
- Owner: Glen George, Swan View WA
- Converted: Sept 2009
- Motor: Netgain TransWarp 9
- Controller: Zilla Z1K-HV
- Batteries: 45 x Thundersky LFP160AHA
- BMS: EV Power TS90
- Charger: Zivan NG3
- Instrumentation: TBS E-Xpert Pro
- DC-DC Converter: Iota DLS-55
- Vacuum Pump: none
- Contactor(s): Nanfeng SW200
- Fuse(s): Bussman FWH 500A
- Safety Gear: no seatbelts (who needs them?)
- Top Speed: Scary
- Range: >120km
- Curb weight: ~900kg